What if there is no heaven (Part 4)
Sunday Morning Service Notes | 24 January 2021
Apostle David Mulutsi
What if there is no heaven – Part 4
• This series has shown us that not everything can be proven by science.
• There are a lot of things that are real that are beyond science.
• We have seen that there must be a Creator who created the universe. The creation proves that there is a Creator, just like a paint drawing proves that there is a painter/drawer/artist.
• A paint drawing cannot exist without a painter. In the same way creation cannot exist without a Creator.
• We have also seen that evolution could have not created the universe because if that was so, living orgasm should still be evolving into other species.
• Big bang could not have created life as we currently have it because non-life cannot create life.
• ·We have further seen that with all the technology that exist, scientist cannot start life. This we saw by looking at the life of a cell.
• The physical body exists because there is human spirit that is empowering that body.
• The earth being hot at its centre, the volcanos, the mysterious disappearance of ships and aircraft over specific place like Bermuda triangle can be tell signs of the existence of hell.
• Many testimonies of near death experiences by different unrelated people cannot be just wished away.
• All these above mentioned facts point to the reality of life after death.
• Life after death cannot be proven by science. Therefore, science does not prove all things.
• We cannot limit ourselves to what science has been able to do.
• THERE IS MUCH MORE REALITY BEYOND SCIENCE.
• The probabilities of the existence of heaven far outweighs that of non-existence of heaven.
• When one looks at the facts, the existence of heaven is more believable than the non-existence of heaven.
• Why then would people choose to believe that there is no heaven?
• When people believe that there is no heaven, it is because they have first believed that there is no God.
• Their rationale is that if there is no God, then there is no heaven, then there is no hell, then there is no afterlife.
• If there is no afterlife, then there is no accountability to anyone (especially to God). Then there is no need to live for God, then there is no need to attend church.
• What has become apparent is that such people who have forsaken their faith in God, do not keep their new path to themselves. They like to go to those who are still believing in God to try to discourage them from serving God.
• This they do by speaking against the church; by wooing believers into their new lifestyle, etc. they are actually openly working against God.
• Their conscience is now seared. They no longer have a feeling of godliness.
• The Bible explains what would have happened when a person reaches that stage.
• Romans 1:18-32 ESV
• (18) For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth.
• People can see the truth but choose to supress it.
• (19) For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them.
• Some of the arguments I have put up in this series are proof enough for the existence of God, heaven, hell, and afterlife.
• (20) For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
• I pray that we would not be deceived at all in believing a lie.
• (MSG) “By taking a long and thoughtful look at what God has created, people have always been able to see what their eyes as such can’t see: eternal power, for instance, and the mystery of his divine being. So nobody has a good excuse.”
• Nobody will have an excuse before God. It is like an ostrich burying its head in the sand hoping that the problem will go away.
• Accountability is still required before God.
• (21) For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
• (MSG) “What happened was this: People knew God perfectly well, but when they didn’t treat him like God, refusing to worship him, they trivialized themselves into silliness and confusion so that there was neither sense nor direction left in their lives.”
• I pray that we may always remain humble and honour God and appreciate His existence and help in our lives.
• (22) Claiming to be wise, they became fools,
• I pray that we may not be fools in our own wisdom.
• (23) and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.
• I pray that we would not exchange God for material things.
• May God remain God in our lives.
• (24) Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves,
• (25) because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.
• If God can give up on a person, that person becomes doom.
• (26) For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature;
• (27) and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.
• (28) And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done.
• (MSG) Since they didn’t bother to acknowledge God, God quit bothering them and let them run loose.
• (29) They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips,
• (30) slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents,
• (31) foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless.
• (32) Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.
Other Sermons In This Series
February 28, 2021
February 28, 2021
January 07, 2021
Hi there! How can we help?