Transform into the image of Christ – Part 4
Transform into the image of Christ – Part 4
Sunday Morning Service Notes | 30 May 2021
2 Corinthians 3:18 ESV
• Transformation is when you are changed from one form of figure to another. It is like when a butterfly is being changed from an egg to a larva to a pupa and ultimately to a full grown butterfly.
Ephesians 2:1-6 ESV
• We were sinners. We were following Satan. We were under his control. We followed the flesh. God saved us as the first step. He is in the process of changing us from the state of following the flesh and Satan to a new state where we will follow the Holy Spirit and reflect His glory. We are to be more like Jesus Christ.
• The transformation of our lives is brought by the Spirit of God.
• God is changing us from inside out. He starts with our hearts which ultimately affects the rest of our lives.
• Outside change is not effective or permanent unless it penetrates into our hearts.
• Any change that is not from the heart is not lasting.
• When God works on us, He does it in our hearts.
• Apostle Paul was praying for the church in Ephesus to be transformed from within their hearts.
Ephesians 3:14-19 ESV
• The only Person who can work in and transform our hearts is the Holy Spirit.
• Will power, self-determination, or any other effort of the flesh will not bring lasting change in our lives.
• It is not will-power but Spirit-power.
• When God works in our lives, he will always work by His Spirit.
Zechariah 4:6 ESV
• The Holy Spirit has the ability to change our lives to be like Christ.
• When we work with Him, He will transform our lives.
• When He is at work in our lives, we will bear the fruit of God, the fruit of the Holy Spirit.
• As long as the tree is connected to the source, it will bear fruits. The tree does not strain to bear fruit. As long as it is connected to the ground where it gets nutrients, fruits will come out.
Galatians 5:22-23 ESV
• With the Holy Spirit working in our hearts, we will be loving. The love of God will ooze out of our hearts.
• With the Holy Spirit working in our hearts, we will flow in the joy of the Lord. When challenges come, we will know that God is on our side. The joy of the Lord will be our strength.
• With the Holy Spirit working in our hearts, we will be at peace. The peace of God that surpasses all understanding will keep our hearts. We will not fret or be troubled by challenges because we know that the Lord is with us.
• With the Holy Spirit working in our hearts, we will be patient to other people. We will be patient as God work things for us.
• With the Holy Spirit working in our lives, we will be kind to others. We will show them the love of God.
• With the Holy Spirit working in our lives, we will be good to people. We will understand that since God showed us His goodness when we did not deserve it, we need to show others goodness even when they do not deserve it.
• With the Holy Spirit working in our lives, we will be faithful to our partners, our children, our neighbours, co-workers, and everyone. Our word will be our bond. We will be man or woman of our words. We will not promise one thing and do the opposite. We will keep our promises.
• With the Holy Spirit working in our lives, we will be gentle when we interact with people. We will be as gentle as doves.
• With the Holy Spirit working in our lives, we will have self-control. We will be disciplined to do the right things. We will not be loose and just flow with the crowd. We will live by the principles of the Word of God. We will be governed by the Word of God.
• When we have exposed ourselves to the Lord, to His Word, and to His Spirit, there will be a change from within.
• The transforming power of God will produce the fruit of the Spirit in our lives.
• How are we to respond to the Holy Spirit that He might work in us?
• We are to respond by OBEDIENCE. We obey God’s word and whatever He tells us through His Spirit.
• God works with His obedient children.
James 4:6 ESV
• When we are humble to God, we will obey Him. We will obey His Word.
• When a person does not obey the Word of God, it is because he is proud to follow God’s way. That person wants to follow his own ways.
• Humility will lead us to God’s way.
• When we are humble, God’s Spirit will be able to work with us.
• We need to be pliable in the Hands of God.
• May you be pliable in the Hands of God.
• May you allow God to work in your life.
• May God change our character.
• May we refuse to be stubborn in our own thinking.
• May we allow the Holy Spirit to change us into the image of Christ.
Other Sermons In This Series
February 07, 2021
March 28, 2021
Hi there! How can we help?